Close

    • Miami Formula 1 Grand Prix likely happening in 2021 - Agreement in principle reached

      The idea of a Formula 1 Grand Prix in Miami is not anything new. It was on again then off again and now it appears it really is happening. The Formula 1 Grand Prix of Miami is expected to take place in 2021.


      Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1
      Formula 1 has taken a significant step towards making the first-ever Grand Prix in the city of Miami a reality, after reaching an agreement in principle to host a race at the iconic Flordia city’s Hard Rock Stadium from 2021.

      The proposed Formula One Miami Grand Prix would see F1 cars navigating a custom-built track around the stadium – home of the Miami Dolphins NFL team – giving F1 its second race in the United States, alongside the US Grand Prix at Austin’s Circuit of The Americas.
      Sounds great but the county still needs to approve the race with a vote on October 28th. BoostAddict will of course update you with the result of that vote.

      Source

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Miami Formula 1 Grand Prix likely happening in 2021 - Agreement in principle reached started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 9 Comments
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        All the great landscapes and cities in this country and we pick a parking lot in Miami Gardens?
      1. BLKROKT's Avatar
        BLKROKT -
        What a stupid idea. Miami sucks. Driving in processional circles around a stadium in a parking lot sucks. There are so many great tracks around the country that are criminally underused like VIR, WGI, Road America and about a half dozen others that would be F1-appropriate. Their priorities are massively out of wack.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BLKROKT Click here to enlarge
        What a stupid idea. Miami sucks. Driving in processional circles around a stadium in a parking lot sucks. There are so many great tracks around the country that are criminally underused like VIR, WGI, Road America and about a half dozen others that would be F1-appropriate. Their priorities are massively out of wack.
        It seems this is the only way they can make it happen in Miami which they are determined to do.

        My choice would be Las Vegas...
      1. Weehe's Avatar
        Weehe -
        Keep it at CoTA...so I can keep going easy.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weehe Click here to enlarge
        Keep it at CoTA...so I can keep going easy.
        They are. They want two in the US.
      1. Weehe's Avatar
        Weehe -
        Well reading>me
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It seems this is the only way they can make it happen in Miami which they are determined to do.

        My choice would be Las Vegas...
        Miami gardens ain't Miami. It's a $#@! hole neighborhood where the dolphins stadium is in Miami-dade county. Take a look at a map. It's actually closer to ft Lauderdale than Miami. There isn't a single hotel or restaurant within 10 miles youd be willing to visit.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Miami gardens ain't Miami. It's a $#@! hole neighborhood where the dolphins stadium is in Miami-dade county. Take a look at a map. It's actually closer to ft Lauderdale than Miami. There isn't a single hotel or restaurant within 10 miles youd be willing to visit.
        I've never been there.

        Just stating this seems to be the only way to make it happen in the vicinity.
      1. M5Dan's Avatar
        M5Dan -
        I'm not too far away in Naples so I'll definitely come across 75 to see Formula 1.