Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any1 CrossFit on BB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Any1 CrossFit on BB

So like most of us, I've been playing sports since I walk & was fortunate to play in college (D3). Through high school lifting obviously became a bigger component of the sport & now that I'm not playing anymore, traditional workouts (Chest on Monday, Back on Tuesdays, etc etc) has become boring as $#@!.

There's a large scale CrossFit running near my house & I've tried it out. Thought it was a lot more intense & effective as a workout, but at ~$170 a month it's hard to justify.

I was hoping that there are a few people who CrossFit on BB & (if they don't mind), maybe posting up the WOD (Workout Of the Day) occasionally. I've started to incorporate more CF style workouts (nothing on a machine, a lot more deadlifting, front squats, pull ups/push ups, etc) into my "routine", but it'd be nice to have a little more direction & some suggestions for when I go lift.

Thanks in advance Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

its great.

check out military athlete for real (ehem, harder) "crossfit" routines.

http://www.militaryathlete.com

free stuff for you

http://www.militaryathlete.com/page.php?page_ID=49

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

A bunch of my buddies do this and swear by it. I have a hard time justifying the price per month as well which is why I've been so hesitant to sign up. Let's see if he'll chime in

@bignicky1
    Last edited by folgrz; 01-15-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG_M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1524 Post(s)

WTF is cross fit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF is cross fit?
    You flip tires and cut wood like a lumber jack hillbilly
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1524 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EDM92 Click here to enlarge
    You flip tires and cut wood like a lumber jack hillbilly
    So I can just do this in my backyard for free?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yah 170 is a bit much, im paying 125 for unlimited, I know some other local Crossfits is like 150 for 3 days a week which is insane. But if you want to try some WOD check out my crossfits site Google crossfitmonarchy and go to WOD its updated everyday with whats going on....Click here to enlarge wont let me post the link for you Rep is to low

If you got any other questions don't Hesitate to pm me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

WTF is cross fit?
    It's like a different style of working out w/ the goal being useful muscle building. Basically every workout is a body building/strength training, gymnastics & a cardio slapped together = guaranteed you're burnt out after every workout. This is Rich Froning (2011 & 2012 CrossFit Games Champ, the "Fittest Man on Earth") doing a "540" (50 Overhead Squats, 40 Pullups, 30 Thrusters, 20 Burpees & 10 Cleans). He says he's been doing CrossFit for 3-4 years now.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bignicky1 Click here to enlarge
    Yah 170 is a bit much, im paying 125 for unlimited, I know some other local Crossfits is like 150 for 3 days a week which is insane. But if you want to try some WOD check out my crossfits site Google crossfitmonarchy and go to WOD its updated everyday with whats going on....Click here to enlarge wont let me post the link for you Rep is to low

Thank you VERY much -- It's def nicer to join my regular $20 a month gym that has nearly all the same stuff & be able to workout out whenever I want.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1524 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bignicky1 Click here to enlarge

Rep is fine now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you VERY much -- It's def nicer to join my regular $20 a month gym that has nearly all the same stuff & be able to workout out whenever I want.
    No problem

Rep is fine now.
    Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I do it and love it. I seem to be more motivated regardless of price, made a lot of new friends who are awesome and not into cars lol.

I go 4 times a week, sometimes saturday mornings...lots and lots of cardio, if you drink a lot or smoke it definitley isnt for you. Im going on my 7th week at this point and noticing results already...my girl has been doing it for a year now and shes still stronger than me in most areas O.o

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)

Been thinking of joining actually. Treadmill, ellipticals, I'm so done with...weights i'm ok with still but this kind of stuff is really cool...i'm sure i'll puke a bit on the first day LOL
    Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

You can sort of accomplish the same results doing full body push/pull exercises with free weights and calisthenics at an accelerated rate. Or at least build a decent foundation so that you can move over into crossfit. One thing though, it will definitely expose any physical limitations that you may not be aware of. I've had issues with my left knee that I'm rehabbing now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    I do it and love it. I seem to be more motivated regardless of price, made a lot of new friends who are awesome and not into cars lol.

I go 4 times a week, sometimes saturday mornings...lots and lots of cardio, if you drink a lot or smoke it definitley isnt for you. Im going on my 7th week at this point and noticing results already...my girl has been doing it for a year now and shes still stronger than me in most areas O.o
    Ive met so many new people joining even tho i knew the owner from cars lol. but its like a huge family

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I am doing Crossfit, for almost 2 years now.
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I did a few sessions last year and the Mrs got me one month of unlimited classes for my b-day... I plan to drop 20 lbs for spring so I will be hitting the gym and doing insanity till the end or March and then doing Crossfit in April for sure.
    We stay swingin...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1524 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I did a few sessions last year and the Mrs got me one month of unlimited classes for my b-day... I plan to drop 20 lbs for spring so I will be hitting the gym and doing insanity till the end or March and then doing Crossfit in April for sure.
    Why by Spring? Already started my New Year's resolution nonsense and dropped 6 since last week. I think I can do 20 total by the end of the month and I'm golden. By spring you should be in perfect shape.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

this is my crossfit gym places new wods up every day

http://cautioncrossfit.com/wods/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

The trick to not puking is DO NOT eat inside of an hour or an hour and a half before you work out...if you end up doing a lot of running/rowing/ up and down type excercises, all that juggling around will upset your stomach and you'll see it very shortly lol

I try to eat two hours before, so im kinda empty when im there...a protein shake afterwards and im good to go!

Diet makes a huge difference...Im going on 1.5 years now no fast food....has done wonders for me and I cant even go near a McDs or Wendys without feeling nautious. I went from 196 to 180 so far, and I wanna drop 10 more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No pre-workouts ur heart will explode lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1524 Post(s)

The trick to not puking is DO NOT eat inside of an hour or an hour and a half before you work out...if you end up doing a lot of running/rowing/ up and down type excercises, all that juggling around will upset your stomach and you'll see it very shortly lol

I try to eat two hours before, so im kinda empty when im there...a protein shake afterwards and im good to go!

Diet makes a huge difference...Im going on 1.5 years now no fast food....has done wonders for me and I cant even go near a McDs or Wendys without feeling nautious. I went from 196 to 180 so far, and I wanna drop 10 more.
    16 is a good drop.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    I am doing Crossfit, for almost 2 years now.
    I'm gonna assume that if you've stuck with it for 2 years, it's actually worth doing & effective. Care to comment on your results/gains/etc

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

My wife is like that where she can't eat anything before working out. Me on the other hand doesn't matter at all, I guess I'm just used to it. We've also quit the fast foods too. Sometimes I get a craving for Wendy's and I'll have it, then regret it once I feel how heavy that $#@! is in my stomach.

I just hit my one year anniversary on the 15th, dropped~35lbs and look more muscular than when I was@ 248.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I thought about trying it just to use their facility. They have good equipment. I compete in Strongman, and they happen to have a lot of strongman equipment, which I didn't have access to until recently. I just can't justify the price otherwise I'd be there, especially since it's closer than where I go now to have access to the implements. I just wouldn't be doing there routine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I know its $85 in miami lakes caution crossfit for unlimited month to month, but thats a hell of a drive from boyton beach. anywere else its retarded at $150+ and have to have a contract for multiple months...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast