Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 220

Thread: Sprayed ZR1 vs GTR

              
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,299
    Rep Points
    413.2
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Sprayed ZR1 vs GTR

    Big whp rides here... Serious top end speed on the ZR1

    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 11-08-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    14.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow I would have thought the GTR would have taken it before I saw the vid. Two sweet rides for sure though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,589
    Rep Points
    3,214.8
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow top end monster.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,067
    Rep Points
    1,793.1
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    AMURICA!
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    99,396
    Rep Points
    23,804.3
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    239


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What's done to the ZR1 for 870?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,299
    Rep Points
    413.2
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    As noted in the title its on spray... 200 shot and some minor bolt ons.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    99,396
    Rep Points
    23,804.3
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    239


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As noted in the title its on spray... 200 shot and some minor bolt ons.
    Whoops went straight to the vid and missed it was on spray. I was wondering how he was putting down so much on the blower.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,299
    Rep Points
    413.2
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoops went straight to the vid and missed it was on spray. I was wondering how he was putting down so much on the blower.
    Spray adds a ton of power to the car and its usable power.

    Per the original poster...

    "We raced with Traction Control ON Click here to enlarge With the system off there is no way it will hook with 19's

    1st run 60-200mph since the road was perfect
    ZR1 in 2nd GTR in 3rd
    3honks and Spun bad with traction engaging GTR Jumped 1 car and then Vrooooooooom easy 5-6 cars win for ZR1
    2nd run from 20mph roll as per the GTR's request Click here to enlarge
    both in 1st gear 3 honks (No Nitrous) and amazingly the ZR1 had traction better than GTR Click here to enlarge We Jumped half a car then 2nd gear we hit the nitrous and HELLOOOOO SPIN CITY Click here to enlarge He pulled by 3-4 cars until 150-160+mph and then Vroooooooooooom pulled him crazy fast in 5th & 6th gears he brakes at 170-180mph and were at 210+mph (over 40mph faster than him Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge"
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    624
    Rep Points
    685.9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow. I'd love to see the ZR1 run with DRs.
    E92 - Enhanced by BMS, Cobb, Helix, Wavetrac, e85

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    62
    Rep Points
    251.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sounds about right. My friend made 641 on his zr1 with gutted cats, upper pulley, ported snout, and tune. I would love that kind of power with minimal mods.
    '02 911tt HBK700 kit

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    99,396
    Rep Points
    23,804.3
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    239


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3ntal Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds about right. My friend made 641 on his zr1 with gutted cats, upper pulley, ported snout, and tune. I would love that kind of power with minimal mods.
    That's not bad. But to put it in perspective, an M3 will make a little less with just a supercharger for far less money. Just want to put in context.

    The ZR1 to really strut its stuff needs a blower upgrade which we should see plenty of options for that motor coming out or that already exist.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,299
    Rep Points
    413.2
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not bad. But to put it in perspective, an M3 will make a little less with just a supercharger for far less money. Just want to put in context.

    The ZR1 to really strut its stuff needs a blower upgrade which we should see plenty of options for that motor coming out or that already exist.

    Thats an interesting perspective. What kit are you referring to and whats the install price? I mean new vs new a ZR1 is around $125K and a M3 is around $75 and most blowers I have seen and researched cost $15k to 20K leaving everything else stock(suspension/brakes/wheels-tires). The ZR1 would still be faster in most every aspect not to mention the distinct weight advantage it holds over the M. You throw in the remaining things I mentioned and they are far closer in price. The ZR1 needs a $10k installed package to make well over another 125whp and its bye bye M3...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    99,396
    Rep Points
    23,804.3
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    239


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats an interesting perspective. What kit are you referring to and whats the install price? I mean new vs new a ZR1 is around $125K and a M3 is around $75 and most blowers I have seen and researched cost $15k to 20K leaving everything else stock(suspension/brakes/wheels-tires). The ZR1 would still be faster in most every aspect not to mention the distinct weight advantage it holds over the M. You throw in the remaining things I mentioned and they are far closer in price. The ZR1 needs a $10k installed package to make well over another 125whp and its bye bye M3...
    My M3 was fully loaded except for the park distance for $72k MSRP and who is paying sticker? Secondly, you don't have to get every option or a DCT for that matter.

    Regarldess, supercharger for $13k or so and you have about 600 wheel depending on exhaust/meth choices.

    The ZR1 has no DCT trans available.

    So for under $80k you can have performance rivaling bolt on ZR1's for less money with a dual clutch and four seats. Sure makes the M3 look good.

    And ultimately the ZR1 can always make more power as it should with an LS based motor but it can never seat four or have a DCT. Not having a junk interior is a plus as well.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    62
    Rep Points
    251.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I see no comparison. The m3 is a sweet car but you are talking about less than $1000 in mods on a STOCK motor to make 641 whp with matching tq that starts LOW in the rpm range...To make that in the m3 requires a lot of work with peaky power with half the torque. Sure the car is $50k less but that's not how we usually compare modded cars. On top of that the zr1 weighs about 400 lbs less, has longer gearing, and better aero.
    '02 911tt HBK700 kit

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    99,396
    Rep Points
    23,804.3
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    239


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3ntal Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see no comparison. The m3 is a sweet car but you are talking about less than $1000 in mods on a STOCK motor to make 641 whp with matching tq that starts LOW in the rpm range...To make that in the m3 requires a lot of work with peaky power with half the torque. Sure the car is $50k less but that's not how we usually compare modded cars. On top of that the zr1 weighs about 400 lbs less, has longer gearing, and better aero.
    Agreed they are different just wanted to put it in context since people seem to always be talking down on the M3. The difference in weight is about 200 pounds btw.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,299
    Rep Points
    413.2
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My M3 was fully loaded except for the park distance for $72k MSRP and who is paying sticker? Secondly, you don't have to get every option or a DCT for that matter.

    Regarldess, supercharger for $13k or so and you have about 600 wheel depending on exhaust/meth choices.

    The ZR1 has no DCT trans available.

    So for under $80k you can have performance rivaling bolt on ZR1's for less money with a dual clutch and four seats. Sure makes the M3 look good.

    And ultimately the ZR1 can always make more power as it should with an LS based motor but it can never seat four or have a DCT. Not having a junk interior is a plus as well.
    Listen I'm not comparing street prices merely highlighting the MSRP of "typical" versions of each car. $95-100k prices for a new ZR1 is not uncommon. But that's not my point...

    What kit costs $13k installed with Meth and makes 600whp?
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    99,396
    Rep Points
    23,804.3
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    239


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Listen I'm not comparing street prices merely highlighting the MSRP of "typical" versions of each car. $95-100k prices for a new ZR1 is not uncommon. But that's not my point...

    What kit costs $13k installed with Meth and makes 600whp?
    You just said you aren't comparing street prices. Why would anyone pay MSRP for anything?

    You can get a Vortech based kit for that price with meth, just try to. You can get one without an intercooler for far less. AND an intercooler really doesn't cost $5k+...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,299
    Rep Points
    413.2
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You just said you aren't comparing street prices. Why would anyone pay MSRP for anything?

    You can get a Vortech based kit for that price with meth, just try to. You can get one without an intercooler for far less. AND an intercooler really doesn't cost $5k+...
    Again I'm comparing your statement with new cars and new kits installed... Now you're on used cars, used kits and so on. Effectively proves my point on pricing and you've still not specified which kit. I.E. Gintani, ESS etc... But I will leave at that.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    99,396
    Rep Points
    23,804.3
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    239


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again I'm comparing your statement with new cars and new kits installed... Now you're on used cars, used kits and so on. Effectively proves my point on pricing and you've still not specified which kit. I.E. Gintani, ESS etc... But I will leave at that.
    I said Vortech based kit which should help you pretty easily narrow the options if you know the motor. Seems you don't...

    Regardless, M3 with blower is much less money than a ZR1 with bolt on's yet it offers similar power. Makes the M3 look pretty good IMO yet people talk down on it. I like to mention this point.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,182
    Rep Points
    2,605.6
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    A 650kit puts down 570whp give or take. Still 70hp behind a ZR1 with 641whp. Then on spray? Forget it.

    $1000 bucks in mods to gain 100hp and a boatload of torque, or $13,000 to get 150hp..and ive still seen 650 cars lose to stock domestic cars.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,273
    Rep Points
    1,579.1
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    cam - 600 bucks
    intake - 300 bucks
    tune - 400 bucks
    ported blower - 1200 bucks
    pulley - 150 bucks
    headers - 700 bucks


    total 3500 bucks

    that right there will make another 200whp on that ZR1....ask me how i know....no M3 currently will touch that Vette with those bolt ons
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,299
    Rep Points
    413.2
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said Vortech based kit which should help you pretty easily narrow the options if you know the motor. Seems you don't...

    Regardless, M3 with blower is much less money than a ZR1 with bolt on's yet it offers similar power. Makes the M3 look pretty good IMO yet people talk down on it. I like to mention this point.
    As stated you proved my point.... You lack specifics and deviated from the topic. You're welcome to another try at it.

    New vs New for each car, I will even allow you average sales prices since you say nobody pays sticker for either car. However a NEW 650hp kit will run at least $13-15K for just the kit when talking about Gintani and ESS as examples thats per their websites. Plus Meth, plus an exhaust and plus install... Easy $20k allowing you $72K price for your car thats $92K

    New 1Lt ZR's can be had for $95k plus parts and install we'll call it $6k installed thats $101K and a major difference in terms of speed and power for only $9k more. You get a low 10sec to high 9sec ride with ease, you get 1G of handling, Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 200+ top end speeds and exotic killing potential. Now that doesnt belittle the M3 it highlights the significant difference in terms of power, speed, cost and value versus the ZR1. There's no real comparison between the cars at the end of the day. One is a GT coupe and the other a 2seat sports car they play to difference customers, income levels and styles. Sure a M could be built to make major HP but the costs to build a DCT trans, run a big blower and supporting mods once could have bought and modded a ZR1 and been faster for the same or less.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    99,396
    Rep Points
    23,804.3
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    239


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As stated you proved my point.... You lack specifics and deviated from the topic. You're welcome to another try at it.
    Vortech based kit isn't specific enough for you? It is specific, there are only two kits using Vortech blowers.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New vs New for each car, I will even allow you average sales prices since you say nobody pays sticker for either car. However a NEW 650hp kit will run at least $13-15K for just the kit when talking about Gintani and ESS as examples thats per their websites. Plus Meth, plus an exhaust and plus install... Easy $20k allowing you $72K price for your car thats $92K
    Easy $20k lol ok. Your way off, I had the exhaust, meth, and SC setup and I didn't pay $20k. But I've actually done it, you haven't.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New 1Lt ZR's can be had for $95k plus parts and install we'll call it $6k installed thats $101K and a major difference in terms of speed and power for only $9k more. You get a low 10sec to high 9sec ride with ease, you get 1G of handling, Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 200+ top end speeds and exotic killing potential. Now that doesnt belittle the M3 it highlights the significant difference in terms of power, speed, cost and value versus the ZR1. There's no real comparison between the cars at the end of the day. One is a GT coupe and the other a 2seat sports car they play to difference customers, income levels and styles. Sure a M could be built to make major HP but the costs to build a DCT trans, run a big blower and supporting mods once could have bought and modded a ZR1 and been faster for the same or less.
    Ok that's nice blah blah bah. M3 with a blower offers ZR1 performance for less with a DCT and rear seats for less money. Fact. And that sure makes it look like a pretty good bang for the buck IMO.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    99,396
    Rep Points
    23,804.3
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    239


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    cam - 600 bucks
    intake - 300 bucks
    tune - 400 bucks
    ported blower - 1200 bucks
    pulley - 150 bucks
    headers - 700 bucks


    total 3500 bucks

    that right there will make another 200whp on that ZR1....ask me how i know....no M3 currently will touch that Vette with those bolt ons
    Parts are much cheaper, no doubt about it.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,299
    Rep Points
    413.2
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vortech based kit isn't specific enough for you? It is specific, there are only two kits using Vortech blowers.



    Easy $20k lol ok. Your way off, I had the exhaust, meth, and SC setup and I didn't pay $20k. But I've actually done it, you haven't.



    Ok that's nice blah blah bah. M3 with a blower offers ZR1 performance for less with a DCT and rear seats for less money. Fact. And that sure makes it look like a pretty good bang for the buck IMO.
    Show me costs for a ESS or Gintani kit installed including the Meth and Exhaust. Their respective sites show some damn obvious pricing and installing is still more... Again show some prices and dont start that research $#@!, you said I'm way off so show me some proof of your statement. Gintani shows on their site the 2.5 kit is $15,995 (including Meth) their X pipe is $2000 and the exhaust doesnt show a price. Plus install, sounds a lot like $20k or more installed.

    ESS shows their 650 kit as $13,995 their cheapest exhaust was $1395 thats not including a Meth kit or install and again thats sounding a lot like $20k. Based on their published and advertised pricing. The kit calls for 10-16hrs of install time. Easy enough to figure labor and a few hours for Meth and exhaust install. Using $100hr and 10hrs for labor which is cheap IMO and thats an easy $1300-1500 or nearly $18k thats damn close to $20K. Clearly I can be totally wrong here and for that reason I say show me some pricing thats less.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •