Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprayed ZR1 vs GTR

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Sprayed ZR1 vs GTR

Big whp rides here... Serious top end speed on the ZR1

Last edited by Sledgehammer; 11-08-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow I would have thought the GTR would have taken it before I saw the vid. Two sweet rides for sure though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Wow top end monster.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    AMURICA!
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

What's done to the ZR1 for 870?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

As noted in the title its on spray... 200 shot and some minor bolt ons.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As noted in the title its on spray... 200 shot and some minor bolt ons.
    Whoops went straight to the vid and missed it was on spray. I was wondering how he was putting down so much on the blower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whoops went straight to the vid and missed it was on spray. I was wondering how he was putting down so much on the blower.
    Spray adds a ton of power to the car and its usable power.

Per the original poster...

"We raced with Traction Control ON Click here to enlarge With the system off there is no way it will hook with 19's

1st run 60-200mph since the road was perfect
    ZR1 in 2nd GTR in 3rd
    3honks and Spun bad with traction engaging GTR Jumped 1 car and then Vrooooooooom easy 5-6 cars win for ZR1
    2nd run from 20mph roll as per the GTR's request Click here to enlarge
    both in 1st gear 3 honks (No Nitrous) and amazingly the ZR1 had traction better than GTR Click here to enlarge We Jumped half a car then 2nd gear we hit the nitrous and HELLOOOOO SPIN CITY Click here to enlarge He pulled by 3-4 cars until 150-160+mph and then Vroooooooooooom pulled him crazy fast in 5th & 6th gears he brakes at 170-180mph and were at 210+mph (over 40mph faster than him Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge"
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow. I'd love to see the ZR1 run with DRs.
    E92 - Enhanced by BMS, Cobb, Helix, Wavetrac, e85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Sounds about right. My friend made 641 on his zr1 with gutted cats, upper pulley, ported snout, and tune. I would love that kind of power with minimal mods.
    '02 911tt HBK700 kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3ntal Click here to enlarge
    Sounds about right. My friend made 641 on his zr1 with gutted cats, upper pulley, ported snout, and tune. I would love that kind of power with minimal mods.
    That's not bad. But to put it in perspective, an M3 will make a little less with just a supercharger for far less money. Just want to put in context.

The ZR1 to really strut its stuff needs a blower upgrade which we should see plenty of options for that motor coming out or that already exist.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

That's not bad. But to put it in perspective, an M3 will make a little less with just a supercharger for far less money. Just want to put in context.

The ZR1 to really strut its stuff needs a blower upgrade which we should see plenty of options for that motor coming out or that already exist.

Thats an interesting perspective. What kit are you referring to and whats the install price? I mean new vs new a ZR1 is around $125K and a M3 is around $75 and most blowers I have seen and researched cost $15k to 20K leaving everything else stock(suspension/brakes/wheels-tires). The ZR1 would still be faster in most every aspect not to mention the distinct weight advantage it holds over the M. You throw in the remaining things I mentioned and they are far closer in price. The ZR1 needs a $10k installed package to make well over another 125whp and its bye bye M3...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Thats an interesting perspective. What kit are you referring to and whats the install price? I mean new vs new a ZR1 is around $125K and a M3 is around $75 and most blowers I have seen and researched cost $15k to 20K leaving everything else stock(suspension/brakes/wheels-tires). The ZR1 would still be faster in most every aspect not to mention the distinct weight advantage it holds over the M. You throw in the remaining things I mentioned and they are far closer in price. The ZR1 needs a $10k installed package to make well over another 125whp and its bye bye M3...
    My M3 was fully loaded except for the park distance for $72k MSRP and who is paying sticker? Secondly, you don't have to get every option or a DCT for that matter.

Regarldess, supercharger for $13k or so and you have about 600 wheel depending on exhaust/meth choices.

The ZR1 has no DCT trans available.

So for under $80k you can have performance rivaling bolt on ZR1's for less money with a dual clutch and four seats. Sure makes the M3 look good.

And ultimately the ZR1 can always make more power as it should with an LS based motor but it can never seat four or have a DCT. Not having a junk interior is a plus as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I see no comparison. The m3 is a sweet car but you are talking about less than $1000 in mods on a STOCK motor to make 641 whp with matching tq that starts LOW in the rpm range...To make that in the m3 requires a lot of work with peaky power with half the torque. Sure the car is $50k less but that's not how we usually compare modded cars. On top of that the zr1 weighs about 400 lbs less, has longer gearing, and better aero.
    '02 911tt HBK700 kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3ntal Click here to enlarge
    I see no comparison. The m3 is a sweet car but you are talking about less than $1000 in mods on a STOCK motor to make 641 whp with matching tq that starts LOW in the rpm range...To make that in the m3 requires a lot of work with peaky power with half the torque. Sure the car is $50k less but that's not how we usually compare modded cars. On top of that the zr1 weighs about 400 lbs less, has longer gearing, and better aero.
    Agreed they are different just wanted to put it in context since people seem to always be talking down on the M3. The difference in weight is about 200 pounds btw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

My M3 was fully loaded except for the park distance for $72k MSRP and who is paying sticker? Secondly, you don't have to get every option or a DCT for that matter.

Regarldess, supercharger for $13k or so and you have about 600 wheel depending on exhaust/meth choices.

The ZR1 has no DCT trans available.

So for under $80k you can have performance rivaling bolt on ZR1's for less money with a dual clutch and four seats. Sure makes the M3 look good.

And ultimately the ZR1 can always make more power as it should with an LS based motor but it can never seat four or have a DCT. Not having a junk interior is a plus as well.
    Listen I'm not comparing street prices merely highlighting the MSRP of "typical" versions of each car. $95-100k prices for a new ZR1 is not uncommon. But that's not my point...

What kit costs $13k installed with Meth and makes 600whp?
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Listen I'm not comparing street prices merely highlighting the MSRP of "typical" versions of each car. $95-100k prices for a new ZR1 is not uncommon. But that's not my point...

What kit costs $13k installed with Meth and makes 600whp?
    You just said you aren't comparing street prices. Why would anyone pay MSRP for anything?

You can get a Vortech based kit for that price with meth, just try to. You can get one without an intercooler for far less. AND an intercooler really doesn't cost $5k+...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

You just said you aren't comparing street prices. Why would anyone pay MSRP for anything?

You can get a Vortech based kit for that price with meth, just try to. You can get one without an intercooler for far less. AND an intercooler really doesn't cost $5k+...
    Again I'm comparing your statement with new cars and new kits installed... Now you're on used cars, used kits and so on. Effectively proves my point on pricing and you've still not specified which kit. I.E. Gintani, ESS etc... But I will leave at that.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Again I'm comparing your statement with new cars and new kits installed... Now you're on used cars, used kits and so on. Effectively proves my point on pricing and you've still not specified which kit. I.E. Gintani, ESS etc... But I will leave at that.
    I said Vortech based kit which should help you pretty easily narrow the options if you know the motor. Seems you don't...

Regardless, M3 with blower is much less money than a ZR1 with bolt on's yet it offers similar power. Makes the M3 look pretty good IMO yet people talk down on it. I like to mention this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

A 650kit puts down 570whp give or take. Still 70hp behind a ZR1 with 641whp. Then on spray? Forget it.

$1000 bucks in mods to gain 100hp and a boatload of torque, or $13,000 to get 150hp..and ive still seen 650 cars lose to stock domestic cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

cam - 600 bucks
    intake - 300 bucks
    tune - 400 bucks
    ported blower - 1200 bucks
    pulley - 150 bucks
    headers - 700 bucks

total 3500 bucks

that right there will make another 200whp on that ZR1....ask me how i know....no M3 currently will touch that Vette with those bolt ons
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

I said Vortech based kit which should help you pretty easily narrow the options if you know the motor. Seems you don't...

Regardless, M3 with blower is much less money than a ZR1 with bolt on's yet it offers similar power. Makes the M3 look pretty good IMO yet people talk down on it. I like to mention this point.
    As stated you proved my point.... You lack specifics and deviated from the topic. You're welcome to another try at it.

New vs New for each car, I will even allow you average sales prices since you say nobody pays sticker for either car. However a NEW 650hp kit will run at least $13-15K for just the kit when talking about Gintani and ESS as examples thats per their websites. Plus Meth, plus an exhaust and plus install... Easy $20k allowing you $72K price for your car thats $92K

New 1Lt ZR's can be had for $95k plus parts and install we'll call it $6k installed thats $101K and a major difference in terms of speed and power for only $9k more. You get a low 10sec to high 9sec ride with ease, you get 1G of handling, Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 200+ top end speeds and exotic killing potential. Now that doesnt belittle the M3 it highlights the significant difference in terms of power, speed, cost and value versus the ZR1. There's no real comparison between the cars at the end of the day. One is a GT coupe and the other a 2seat sports car they play to difference customers, income levels and styles. Sure a M could be built to make major HP but the costs to build a DCT trans, run a big blower and supporting mods once could have bought and modded a ZR1 and been faster for the same or less.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

As stated you proved my point.... You lack specifics and deviated from the topic. You're welcome to another try at it.
    Vortech based kit isn't specific enough for you? It is specific, there are only two kits using Vortech blowers.

New vs New for each car, I will even allow you average sales prices since you say nobody pays sticker for either car. However a NEW 650hp kit will run at least $13-15K for just the kit when talking about Gintani and ESS as examples thats per their websites. Plus Meth, plus an exhaust and plus install... Easy $20k allowing you $72K price for your car thats $92K
    Easy $20k lol ok. Your way off, I had the exhaust, meth, and SC setup and I didn't pay $20k. But I've actually done it, you haven't.

New 1Lt ZR's can be had for $95k plus parts and install we'll call it $6k installed thats $101K and a major difference in terms of speed and power for only $9k more. You get a low 10sec to high 9sec ride with ease, you get 1G of handling, Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 200+ top end speeds and exotic killing potential. Now that doesnt belittle the M3 it highlights the significant difference in terms of power, speed, cost and value versus the ZR1. There's no real comparison between the cars at the end of the day. One is a GT coupe and the other a 2seat sports car they play to difference customers, income levels and styles. Sure a M could be built to make major HP but the costs to build a DCT trans, run a big blower and supporting mods once could have bought and modded a ZR1 and been faster for the same or less.
    Ok that's nice blah blah bah. M3 with a blower offers ZR1 performance for less with a DCT and rear seats for less money. Fact. And that sure makes it look like a pretty good bang for the buck IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    cam - 600 bucks
    intake - 300 bucks
    tune - 400 bucks
    ported blower - 1200 bucks
    pulley - 150 bucks
    headers - 700 bucks

total 3500 bucks

that right there will make another 200whp on that ZR1....ask me how i know....no M3 currently will touch that Vette with those bolt ons
    Parts are much cheaper, no doubt about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Vortech based kit isn't specific enough for you? It is specific, there are only two kits using Vortech blowers.

Easy $20k lol ok. Your way off, I had the exhaust, meth, and SC setup and I didn't pay $20k. But I've actually done it, you haven't.

Ok that's nice blah blah bah. M3 with a blower offers ZR1 performance for less with a DCT and rear seats for less money. Fact. And that sure makes it look like a pretty good bang for the buck IMO.
    Show me costs for a ESS or Gintani kit installed including the Meth and Exhaust. Their respective sites show some damn obvious pricing and installing is still more... Again show some prices and dont start that research $#@!, you said I'm way off so show me some proof of your statement. Gintani shows on their site the 2.5 kit is $15,995 (including Meth) their X pipe is $2000 and the exhaust doesnt show a price. Plus install, sounds a lot like $20k or more installed.

ESS shows their 650 kit as $13,995 their cheapest exhaust was $1395 thats not including a Meth kit or install and again thats sounding a lot like $20k. Based on their published and advertised pricing. The kit calls for 10-16hrs of install time. Easy enough to figure labor and a few hours for Meth and exhaust install. Using $100hr and 10hrs for labor which is cheap IMO and thats an easy $1300-1500 or nearly $18k thats damn close to $20K. Clearly I can be totally wrong here and for that reason I say show me some pricing thats less.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast