Close

  • BMS JB4 and APR flash stacked MKVII GTI on IS38 turbocharger runs 11.2@124 in the 1/4 mile

    The IS38 turbocharger is the factory Golf R and Audi S3 turbo. This makes it a cost effective swap onto a GTI. Throw on a tune and you essentially have a car that outperforms the Golf R or Audi S3 at a fraction of the cost.


    This particular GTI is running is an APR IS38 tune but also a BMS JB4 stacked with it. It also has a meth kit. The result is very impressive and an IS38 turbo record with an 11.295 @ 124.20 1/4 mile pass.

    No dyno was posted but the car is said to be making in the 380-390 wheel horsepower range. Definitely impressive bang for the buck performance.

    This article was originally published in forum thread: BMS JB4 and APR flash stacked MKVII GTI on IS38 turbocharger runs 11.2@124 in the 1/4 mile started by Sticky View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
    1. Stevenh's Avatar
      Stevenh -
      Wow, that's some great performance for a bargain upgrade. I had no idea that was possible. Does the same turbo drop into any AWD platforms?
    1. SCChris's Avatar
      SCChris -
      The IS38 is the stock Turbo on the R and S3.

      I'd like to see those logs as I'm full bolt on with the IS38 (stock turbo) and I've only managed a best of 114 in the quarter at 25 psi.
    1. Stevenh's Avatar
      Stevenh -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCChris Click here to enlarge
      The IS38 is the stock Turbo on the R and S3.

      I'd like to see those logs as I'm full bolt on with the IS38 (stock turbo) and I've only managed a best of 114 in the quarter at 25 psi.
      Yah, 124mph seems seriously fast for those power claims.
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCChris Click here to enlarge
      I'd like to see those logs as I'm full bolt on with the IS38 (stock turbo) and I've only managed a best of 114 in the quarter at 25 psi.
      I'm not sure how you explain a 10 mile per hour trap speed difference even with the lighter GTI.

      How is the difference that big?
    1. SCChris's Avatar
      SCChris -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
      I'm not sure how you explain a 10 mile per hour trap speed difference even with the lighter GTI.

      How is the difference that big?
      Must be running close to 30 psi. APR stage 2 flash, and then using the JB4 to add additional psi. Impressive, but I thought the is38 was out of it efficiency range at those levels. Guess it's time for me to flash.
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCChris Click here to enlarge
      Impressive, but I thought the is38 was out of it efficiency range at those levels. Guess it's time for me to flash.
      It probably is.

      I look forward to your result.