• 2012 Golf R 6-Speed manual APR Stage III 0-60, 0-130, and 60-130 acceleration numbers

    Very cool video here from a very happy owner of an APR Stage III Golf R. Said owner decided to use a VBOX to measure his 0-60, 0-130, and 60-130 acceleration numbers. Some very good driving from the owner as well who launches and shifts well. The car pulls pretty hard as expected for a car capable of high 11's in the 1/4 mile. 0-60 comes in 3.8 seconds, 0-100 in 8.4 seconds, and 60-130 is measured at 9.3 seconds.


    Not bad at all for a stock internal, stock injector, and stock head 6-speed Golf R. This Golf also has hit 11.8@119 in the 1/4 mile. DSG figures should be even faster but as it stands this is a Golf capable of surprising a lot of people.

    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2012 Golf R 6-Speed manual APR Stage III 0-60, 0-130, and 60-130 acceleration numbers started by Sticky View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
    1. seth's Avatar
      seth -
      good to know its performance is worth it's $38k price tag.
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seth@eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
      good to know its performance is worth it's $38k price tag.
      You are saying for the whole car correct?

      The Golf R is nice. All wheel drive, DSG available, turbo motor, etc.
    1. fastgti69's Avatar
      fastgti69 -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seth@eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
      good to know its performance is worth it's $38k price tag.
      After you drop 10k in mods from APR. LOL
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
      After you drop 10k in mods from APR. LOL
      Kind of worth it to have a reliably fast all wheel drive turbo golf. And then there is Stage IV but that gets much more expensive.
    1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
      Sledgehammer -
      Sleeper...
    1. seth's Avatar
      seth -
      yeah I realize you need to mod the crap out of it for these numbers but just saying I'm glad the potential is there for that sticker. it's cheaper than a 135i (granted you have to spend more in mods to get similar performance). I was just astounded that a VW gti could cost so much when I saw one at my dealership.
    1. fastgti69's Avatar
      fastgti69 -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
      Kind of worth it to have a reliably fast all wheel drive turbo golf. And then there is Stage IV but that gets much more expensive.
      True, you get what you pay for.

      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seth@eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
      yeah I realize you need to mod the crap out of it for these numbers but just saying I'm glad the potential is there for that sticker. it's cheaper than a 135i (granted you have to spend more in mods to get similar performance). I was just astounded that a VW gti could cost so much when I saw one at my dealership.
      Yea it's only the R versions that are so much more expensive. Regular Gti's are about 25k range while the Golf r starts at 35k.
    1. Conv7ct7on's Avatar
      Conv7ct7on -
      very nice
    1. zhijjawi10's Avatar
      zhijjawi10 -
      Bad ass R